Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Girl On Fire!

"Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire!"
- Ceasar Flickerman, The Hunger Games (film)

     No, this blog is not a nerd's site to everything related to the Hunger Games. (I can hear them now, "Aw man...") Sorry guys. Let me give you a brief introduction of myself and this blog.
     Yes, the name is "borrrowed" from the Hunger Games, but that's the only thing Hunger Game related...except for this post...but that's it! I promise! The name is also partialy related to a Sara Groves song. For those of you who have no clue as to who that is, she is a Christian pop singer known for her very philosophical-like songs. I really enjoy listening to her songs because she tends to hit the nail on the head when singing about human nature and relationships with God. One of my favorite songs by her is "Jermiah";

"Jeremiah, tell me about the fire
That burns up in Your bones
I want to know, I want to know more now
The burning of ambition and desire
It never could come close
To that fire, to that fire

I was looking to myself
And I forgot the power of God
I was standing with a sparkler in my hand
While I stood so proud and profound
You came and burned this whole place down
Now that's a fire

Jeremiah, tell me about the fire
That burns up in Your bones
I want to know, I want to know more now
The burning of ambition and desire
It never could come close
To that fire, to that fire

And I was caught up in this vice
And its power to entice
I was dwelling on my hopelessness and doubt
With the slightest invitation
You came with total detonation
Now that's a fire

Jeremiah, tell me about the fire
That burns up in Your bones
I want to know, I want to know more now
Jeremiah, tell me about the fire
'Cause nothing could come close
To that fire, to that fire
Jeremiah

And I was warming my hands by this little light of mine
But now I know, I know it's time
To come in from the cold
Fight fire with fire and fan the flame
Come stir up these coals in my soul, in my soul
Till it burns out of control

Jeremiah, tell me about the fire
That burns up in Your bones
I want to know, I want to know more now
Jeremiah, tell me about the fire
'Cause nothing could come close
To that fire, to that fire
Jeremiah"

     Besides it being a pretty darn good song, it expresses her zeal and fire for God. My favorite line is "Come stir up theses coals in my soul, in my soul/Till it burns out of control!"
     I want to be like that. I want to be a burning fireball of zeal for the Lord. Why a fireball? So everybody can see how much I love my God. Of course, I don't want my zeal to overide my common sense, but I do want to be known for my honor, love and respect for God. It's like the verse this song is based off of;
     Jermiah 20:9, "9Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay."
     Someone told me not to speak about God anymore. But being quiet so long hurt me. It was like a fire in my bones...and I could be silent no more.
     I will burn for Christ. I will bring him the glory. I will bask in his glory and I will share his truth with others. I am the girl on fire and I will not be silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment