Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tears

     My tears fall down,
Falling slowly  to the ground,
My heart,
Aches and burns,
My mind is blank, it yearns,
It yearns to know.
     I raise my eyes,
Looking high up to the skies,
My soul,
Cries to you,
My trust, it fails, in you,
In you it doubts.
     All these years,
I’ve had these fears,
And now I cry,
Tears.
    Something pulls my heart to cry,
Lord, I truly want to try,
To understand your will, your ways,
My visions blurred; I’m in a haze,
Later, I won’t want to know but now I’m asking,
     Why must I, Lord, feel this pain?
Why must I stand in the rain?
Why must I, Lord, stand and cry,
While looking, Father, at your sky?
Holy Father,
I know you’re God,
But,
I don’t understand.
     My life feels sore,
I can’t take this anymore,
My pain,
Fills my heart,
It tears my soul apart,
Apart, in two.
     My spirit aches,
Soon, I think that it will break,
My eyes,
Fill with pain,
It overwhelms my mind,
My soul, it pains.
     All these years, I’ve had fears,
And now I cry,
Tears.
     I know I do not need to understand,
No matter how much I demand,
I wish I saw the good in your plan,
Even though I’m just flawed man,
Help me to trust in your hand,
Though I cannot understand.
     Hold me close, hold me tight,
Protect me, God, with all your might,
Holy God, who reigns above,
Please don’t let me forget your love.
     I know I must feel this pain,
I know I must stand in the rain,
I know I will stand and cry,
While looking, Father, at your sky,
Holy Father,
I don’t understand,
But,
I know you are God.
     All these years, I’ve cried tears,
But now I have no fears.



    In memory of Joshua Saxon; Rest in peace. We shall see you again.:)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Alex. That is beautiful. Thanks :)
    Britt

    ReplyDelete